RAN A-4G+ Skyhawk 2002

RAN A-4G+ Skyhawk 2002

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Man down!

Sorry about the lack of update, I've gone and hurt my lower back quite badly and am currently in bed using the laptop to write this. I have a couple of bulging discs at the moment and am in quite a bit of discomfort and pain to say the least!

It is so frustrating because I can't even sit in a chair at the moment, so I can't do any modelling or profile art! Ahhhhh!

I had actually begun the paint mix experiment for the MiG-21 cockpit colour and nearly had it, then the next morning whilst playing with my kids prior to them going to school, I made a wrong move and ended up in this state!

I've been lying here checking out all the various posts on the Internet about the Eduard MiG-21. Damn, I've never been so keen to get started on a model kit like I am with this one! So, for a couple of days at least, I'll just have make do with watching what everybody else is doing with the kit. On one site I was looking at, the modeller commented and showed photos of just how good the fit of parts is. Very impressive stuff!

Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to comment, left a star rating or have ticked one of the reactions boxes. For me it's good feedback and it gives me some idea of what you think of my Blog and what I can do to improve things or provide more of what you want to see.

Something I hope to have active on my Blog soon is the ability to buy Gekko Graphics decals directly from the Blog using PayPal. The first two sheets that will be available will be the 48th scale RNZAF A-4G/K decal sheets. Parts 1 and 2.

On the subject of RNZAF Skyhawks, I am currently preparing the "Last Day" sheet which I know some of you have waited an eternity for. Well, it's finally happening. I'm trying out a layout that will have 32nd, 48th, 72nd and 144th scales on the one sheet. I'm not sure if I'll go ahead with it like that or not just yet, but I would appreciate some feedback on whether you'd like it in multi scales on one sheet or individual releases??

Cheers!

3 comments:

Calum said...

Richard

personally I'm only really interested in 1/48

I may be interested in some 1/32 with the new Trumpeter kit out.

Studio Gekko said...

I figured it would be easier for me to just put all scales on the one sheet and that way cover all my bases. Some will like this approach some will not. Either way I know I'll never please everybody, but it's the best compromise I could come up with at this time. The sale of this sheet, plus the first 2 will pay for the rest of the sheets on the way including Part 3 of the RNZAF Skyhawks that will include all of the TA-4G/K and any of the single seaters that I missed on the first 2 sheets.

Plus, like you say, you want it for 48th scale, BUT, you may get the Trumpeter kit? So, for exactly the same price, $20 AUD, you will have that option on the sheet too! Seems like a good plan to me. :)

Cheers

Richard.

Luís Pacheco said...

1:48 please!!!